The Maternity and Early Childhood Foundation provides funding for agencies located in very high need communities where other services are often limited or nonexistent. Funded agencies are selected through a rigorous Request for Proposal process in which the Board of Directors reviews proposals and makes funding decisions.
The funded programs are able to engage young low income vulnerable expectant and new parents and connect them with needed services. Funded services include:
- outreach to parents who might not seek services
- assistance with access to prenatal care and health insurance
- crisis intervention and case management services
- information on breast feeding, infant safety, healthy child development and and positive parenting skills
- support for education and employment goals
- home visiting and parent support services